- Basic food safety principles
- How to use a water bath canner and a pressure canner
- Canning tomatoes, pickling and making jams and jellies
- Freezing fruits and vegetables
- Accessing reliable research-backed resources from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, OSU Extension, etc.
2017 Class Dates: May 24, June 15 and July 19.
Summer Workshop: August 9
Food Preservation Guidance Brochure
Download this resource guide to assist with canning questions and procedures
National Center for Home Food Preservation
The National Center for Home Food Preservation is your source for current research-based recommendations for most methods of home food preservation. The Center was established with funding from the Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture (CSREES-USDA) to address food safety concerns for those who practice and teach home food preservation and processing methods.
Ohioline Food Preservation Fact Sheets
Preserving jams or pickles? What about home preservation for fish or beverages? Whatever you choose to preserve, the Ohioline website probably has a fact sheet to help.
Canning Tomatoes in a Water Bath Canner
How to Freeze Green Beans
Water Bath Canning of Salsa
Water Bath Canning of Sweet Pickles