General Project Judging Checklist
Hello 4-Her! You can "make your best, better" during pre-fair judging by following a few simple suggestions:
Register for General Project Judging, see below for instructions
Between Now & General Project Judging
- Review project requirements and your book (the judges received the requirements and are looking to make sure you completed what is required).
- Plan what you are taking to judging (exhibit / display) – do not wait until the last minute to put it together!
- Practice what you will say during the interview with the judge- be ready to share what you have done this year in 4-H
- Complete your project book in a neat and orderly fashion
The Night Before Judging! What do I need to do to be ready to go?
- Review your exhibit / display
- Gather everything you need for judging day and put it by the door so you won't forget anything
- Review the important facts in your project book
- Review the important facts about 4-H for tie breaker questions
- Get plenty of sleep!
It's General Project Judging Day! Now what?
- Eat a healthy meal
- Be on time for judging (plan to arrive 15 minutes early)
- Be ready to share what you have learned during this project – you’ll have 5-10 minutes to share with the judge what you have learned
General Project Judging Registration
Registration for general project judging interviews is now open! Click the link above to sign up for your judging interview.
Interviews are being scheduled in 15-minute increments. Registration will close on Monday July 5, 2021.
Wednesday, July 7 - Project Areas Judged:
- About 4-H
- Animal Sciences
- Healthy Living
- Home Living
- Leadership and Citizenship
- Natural Resources
- Workforce Preparation
Thursday, July 8 - Project Areas Judged:
- Clothing and Textile Science
- Creative and Leisure Arts
- Food and Nutrition
2021 Companion Animal Registration
IMPORTANT! Those with the following projects, please read this information closely!
There are changes to the show day and time. Exhibitors are also required to schedule an interview
- 216 Cat 1 – Purrr-fect Pals
- 217 Cat 2 – Climbing Up
- 218 Cat 3 – Leaping Forward
- 215 4-H Cavy (Guinea Pig)
- 227 Pet Rabbits
- 220 Pocket Pets
- 365.13 Reptiles and Amphibians Idea Starter
- 365.26 Hedgehogs Idea Starter
- 365.27 Ferrets Idea Starter
- 365.28 Chinchillas Idea Starter
- 365 Self-Determined Companion Animal, for youth taking a companion animal not listed as a project above, such as caged birds, pot-bellied pigs, hermit crabs, pet chickens, etc.