Southern Ohio Agricultural & Community Development Foundation have two informational meetings scheduled on the following dates:
- Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. at the Cherry Fork Community Center, Cherry Fork
- Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. at the Southern Hills Career & Technical Center, Georgetown
A representative from SOACDF will be available to answer any questions and give program overview on the following dates:
- Tuesday, July 14, 2015 from 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m. at the Foundation Office, Hillsboro
- Tuesday, July 21, 2015 from 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m. at the Adams County FSA Office Conference Room, West Union
- Thursday, July 23, 2015 from 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m. at the Brown County Extension Office, Georgetown
The application period for the Agricultural Development Grant or the Pat Raines Young Farmer Grant is August 1- 31.
Basic eligiblity requirements for the Agricultural Development Grant:
- Individuals who have a current Farm Service Number on record with the Farm Service Agency as of July 1, 2014 in 9 major counties the Foundation serves OR tobacco quota owners, quota owners/growers or grower/tenants of Farm Service Agency records in any single crop year from 1997 through 2004 are eligible. Major counties being: Adams, Brown, Gallia, Jackson, Highland, Lawrence, Pike, Scioto, and Vinton.
- Projects must be deemed agriculture in nature to be eligible for cost share.
Basic eligiblity requirements for the Pat Raines Young Farmer Grant:
- Must be 20 - 38 years old as of August 1
- Must have a Farm Service Number
- Copy of Ohio Driver's License is required to confirm residency and age
- Approved applicants are eligible for up to 50% reimbursement with a $25,000 Maximum grant payment
- Applicant must reside and project must be located within 22 counties the Foundation serves Counties include: Adams, Athens, Brown, Clermont, Clinton, Fayette, Gallia, Green, Jackson, Highland, Lawrence, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Montgomery, Noble, Pike, Ross, Scioto, Vinton, Warren and Washington
For more information, please call the SOACDF Office at 937-393-2700 or go to their web site at www.soacdf.net.