- The contest is open to all interested Junior Fair eligible participants, as stated in the General Junior Fair Rules.
- Individuals will compete in three classes:
- Beginner (8 to 12 as of January 1)
- Intermediate (13 to 15 as of January 1)
- Senior (16 to 18 as of January 1)
Will be based on food safety, nutrition knowledge and cooking knowledge.
Will be based on sewing knowledge and skills.
One station of the skill-a-thon will be judging of the exhibitor’s current year Food & Nutrition and/or Clothing & Textiles project book. Judging will be based on the pages completed up to the day of the skill-a-thon. The participant must clearly indicate if that page did not apply to his/her project. If a participant does not bring a current Food & Nutrition and/or Clothing & Textiles project book for any reason, they will receive a zero for that station.
- Beef Cattle
- Dairy Cattle
Study Materials would be:
- Project/Record Book
- Livestock Project Resource Book
More details will become available as the date gets closer.