Fruit/Veggie Car Derby
Date: Friday, July 29th
Location: 4-H Hall
Registration must be submitted by 4:00pm on Monday July 18th.
- General Rules
- Participants must be 8 years old and in the third grade to 18 years of age as of January 1 of the current year and a member of a Clermont County 4-H, Boy Scout, Girl Scout, American Heritage Girls Program to be eligible.
- Pre-registration must be submitted to the Ohio State University Extension Office by 4:00 p.m. Monday, before the fair. Walk-in entries will not be accepted.
- Entries will be judged in four divisions:
- Cloverbud – age 5 and in kindergarten to 8 and in the second grade
- Junior – age 8 and in the third grade to 11 as of January 1 of the current year
- Intermediate/Senior – ages 12-18 as of January 1 of the current year
- Adult – 19 and older as of January 1 of the current year
- Entries will be judged in three categories: Fastest car in each class, Most Creative design in each class and the car that goes the furthest distance in each class.
- The fastest category will be judged by the car that makes if from the top to the bottom of the incline in the fastest amount of time.
- The most creative category will be chosen at the judges’ discretion.
- The furthest distance category will be judged simultaneously with the fastest category.
- Each participant may enter one car. These entries should be brought to the fair already assembled.
- Entry criteria: Each participant must make a car that is able to roll down an incline. Cars must be made with at least five different fresh fruits or vegetables and must have at least three wheels. To assemble the car, you may use up to 2 bamboo skewers, 6 wooden toothpicks and one rubber band. These cars must be made with 100-percent fresh fruit or vegetables except for the items listed above to hold the car together (bamboo skewers, toothpicks, and rubber band).