2023 General Project Judging
General Project Judging consists of a one-on-one interview with a project judge. Members will have 15 minutes to share their 4-H project with a judge, answer a few questions and receive feedback regarding his/her project. Those who participate in General Project judging have an opportunity to receive awards for placing 1st – 5th and be selected to represent Clermont County at the Ohio State Fair.
There are two different links to register; one link is for projects being judged on Tuesday, July 11th and the other link is for projects being judged on Wednesday, July 12th . You will need to fill out the survey separately for each project you are bringing to pre-fair project judging. Do not select the same time for more than one project and be sure to give yourself 15 minutes between interviews.
Please use the links below to register for General Project Judging on Tuesday, July 11th and Wednesday, July 12th:
Tuesday, July 11th REGISTRATION
- About 4-H
- Animal Sciences
- Healthy Living
- Home Living
- Leadership and Citizenship
- Natural Resources
- Workforce Preparation
Wednesday, July 12th REGISTRATION
- Clothing and Textile Science
- Creative and Leisure Arts
- Food and Nutrition
•Pre-Judged Projects Due Tuesday, July 11 by 7:00 p.m.
-The Writer in You
- 4-H General Project Judging will be held prior to fair according to a schedule established by the Clermont County Extension Office. General Project Judging will be held on Tuesday, July 11, and Wednesday, July 12, at the Clermont County Fairgrounds
- Food & Nutrition, Clothing & Textiles, and Creative Arts projects will be judged on July 12, all other general projects will be judged on July 11.
- Youth are required to register for an interview time.
- Clothing & textile projects (including projects that do not require sewing), You Can Quilt!, Quilting the Best Better, and the Writer must be turned in to the Extension Office by 7:00p.m. on Tuesday, July 11 for pre-judging.
- All exhibits are to be as described in the 4-H project completion requirements.
- To be eligible for county level placing and awards, youth must participate in 4-H General Project judging prior to the Clermont County Fair.
- County placings and Ohio State Fair delegates will be selected by the 4-H General Project pre-fair judge and announced during the Winners’ Circle Ceremony or 4-H Style Revue, held the Saturday before fair.
- Youth must receive a score of 70% or higher to be designated as a state fair delegate. Only youth completing a state fair eligible project will qualify for this designation.
- To be eligible for a fair pass and awards, projects must be on display in the 4-H Hall during fair week.
- Projects must be checked-in on Thursday, July 20, between 3p.m.-7p.m.
- Exhibits should include an educational display or poster. A project book does not qualify as a project display. The only exception to this rule will be for those completing a Food and Nutrition project. Exhibitors will exhibit their nutrition portfolio. No food can be displayed at the county fair.
- Exhibits must be removed from the 4-H Hall between 5p.m.-6p.m. on Saturday of fair week. Those needed to remove projects earlier due to participation in the Ohio State Fair, should contact the Extension Office for assistance to sign-out the project.
- All exhibits which remain after the fair will become property of OSU Extension, Clermont County and will be discarded.